Wednesday, November 7, 2007

UE - The Legal Way


Last Friday I got the chance to explore a local piece of architecture that's been abandoned for some time, the giant mill in downtown Pennsyltuckyville. It use to be a men's hosiery manufacture. Appearantly that was big back in the day...way way back in the day.

Anyways, I met up with my assistant and we headed out to the location. We met the realestate coordinator for the location and she let us in. We headed up to the third floor and crossed through one large section of the mill, the wooden floor boards creaking and shifting the whole way. After we crossed into another large section, the coordinator told us she had business to attend to and would be back later. No big deal, we'd still be there.

This gave me and my assistant time to look around and snap some shots. We ventured up to the fourth floor and were happily snapping away about the time that the coordinator came back. We took about another half and hour or so and toured the inside of the mill, getting some good shots along the way. Before the coordinator left, she let us into the court yard and gave us free run of the place, just telling us to make sure we locked up when we left.

We took about another 45 minutes firing off shots and exploring other builiding in the courtyard before heading out.

I'm planning on putting together a series of the building and architecture from around the area and possible putting them on display. I'm thanking the coordinator for her time by providing her company with a set of the photos I took.

No comments: